Thursday, January 12, 2012

10 days left before delievery...technically...

Technically there are 10 days left before I give birth.  Of course, this is just a guesstimate and I could go at any time....any minute....

Because of this I pause and think with every pain, kick, nudge, gas bubble or movement that comes from my belly, 'Are we ready, Is today the day?'    Even when my Hubs walks in the door from work he asks, "Is it go time?"
The anticipation is killing me...it may even be worse than the last time. 
Correction..it is worse than the last time.  Last time I had no idea what to expect so I was just sort to rolling with the punches (or kicks), this time I do know...   Not sure that's a good thing.     You hear all these amazing stories from other mothers about their deliveries and how giving birth is so magical.  NO.  Disney World is magical...labor not so much.   Don't get me wrong, the end result is truly amazing.  I mean, they don't call it the miracle of life for nothing.  I did make the conscious decision to do it Again... But getting there...geeesh.  And I've had it pretty good as far as pregnancies go...no morning sickness, no back aches, mild heartburn, reasonable sleep (until now), it's just the end that is no fun.  I'm large, swollen (very swollen) and tired....and I totally know what I'm in for....no sugar coating it for me....
I have my hopes that this time will be a lot smoother...can't be worse than 20 hours, can it?  But I can't stop running different scenarios through my head....just can't.   I know, I know...perfectly normal.

I will say that I think the baby is fully grown.  'They' say that they do most of their growing in the last couple months....fatten up for the real world.  Well, someone needs to share that info with my body.  I'm not sure it was ready for the pressure.  Maybe he's just moving down getting ready for his big debut.    What ever it is, something is going on.  The Doc assures me that I will be seeing him on Monday...in the office.  So I guess all we can do is wait...and think...and try to make some sort of plan.....  There are probably 852 different ways I have played this out in my head and after the baby comes I will be sharing the un-thought-of 853rd way. 
 I just keep reminding myself of the end result...so glorious...





This is the last time I saw him..."Oh Boy" is right...he was only about 20 or so weeks...
Now he is doing jigs on my pelvic bones and playing my ribs like a piano...little bugger... and I  CAN NOT wait to meet him!!!

So we may or may not chat again before I am the mother of two....but either way...wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment