Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Teacher Christmas Gift: Cookies in a Jar

I originally found this idea during the summer when I was searching the web for inspiration on what to do with my left over Yankee Candle jars.  Now the holiday season is here and I have not come up with a better, more original idea for a teacher gift so this is my go to.

Cookies in a Jar.  More specifically Santa's cookies in a jar.
The recipe and instructions can be found at Cul-de-sac-Cool.  One helpful tip, right of the bat is to be sure you really pack the layers in there.  Especially if you want to get the chips in at the end (I skipped those, no room, whoopsie).  I should have read all the comments first, but instead I will learn from my mistakes.  This candle jar is the medium size, as you can see I had to pack the brown sugar in the lid.  I did try the pint size mason jar recipe from Damn Delicious.  This one was a bit too little for these particular jars, so I added some filler of tissue paper and fabric in the lid.  Here's a pic of all three before ribbons and bows.  (the pint size recipe is on the right)  I also tried a different layering order for the other two which have the same quart size recipe.  Both seemed to work just fine, I think the key is to be sure the flour blend is on the bottom. 


The label template can also be found at Cul-de-sac-Cool.  Next year maybe I will get more ambitious and try some of the other 4 recipes she has.  They all look so super yummy.  We will be making cookies tonight. :)  I couldn't have all the ingredients for homemade cookies laying around and not expect my family to want them.  They already stole a few M&M minis when I wasn't looking...


This is the jar that went off to school today.  The traditional quart sized mason jar, with some tissue paper in the lid.  We also attached a Christmas card with a ribbon to the side with a hand written note from Ryder just for some personalization. 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.  I hope you have found these links and tips helpful for a last minute, personal, cute gift for your teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment