Wednesday, April 1, 2015

it's been too long

 The point for this blog, originally, was so my kids could look back and see how I kept busy when they were little since I was staying at home to be with them.  I guess I've been too busy because I haven't posted in 3 months. 
Keeping up to par, I did redo a craigslist find.   It was a chest of drawers for the 7 year olds room.  The old one was made from particle board and just couldn't stand up to all the banging, pulling and shoving of a typical boy.  We found a solid wood replacement for $40. You seriously can't beat the deals on craigslist if you are wiling to put a little elbow grease into them.  Now have to plan a bit better when redoing things because my baby is now 3 years old and doesn't really take naps anymore.  Mommy's big helper is a hands on kiddo. So if I'm paining something, he' s painting something too. :) 

I let him paint the back with finger paints, so he feels a part of the project with out me having to do double the work. The color on the dresser is called Blue Lava, it matches the other pieces that are already in the room.  If big brother had his choice every thing would be blue. 

Also since I last posted we got a new dog! I just love her.  She's still working out some "puppy" bad habits, but I think we've finally got her off chewing up the carpet.
I have a lot I can say about her, but for now if you want you can follow her shenanigans on Instagram  @ahuskynamednanook . 
I will dedicate a whole post to her soon.

Easter is Sunday, Spring Break is next week and we have a couple camping trips in the coming months.  I will be more diligent with the blogging.
But for now, I will sign off and do a bit of laundry.
 Which reminds next time I must tell you all about that one time we had to replace the drain field for our septic...
another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment