Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Family tree project

 A few months ago my mom gave me a frame she found at a thrift store.  It was nice and big and already had a matte.  But it had a generic picture of some golf scene...not cute.  I couldn't figure out what I was going to do with it so we painted a poster board with random brush strokes and just put it in there for something to do.   It was fine, something on the wall in the baby's room.
Then I had a great idea....inspired by Pinterest, of course.  

We are going to make a Family Tree Paining with our hand prints. 

It will be cute and original.
I was gonna find stuff around the house to create my idea. 
I get the picture down and pull out the make shift painting we already had in there.  
I decide I'm just gonna paint over it and use the sides for some pops of color.  
I had some gray sample paint from tests in the hallway and Ryder has tons of acrylic and finger paints for projects.  
Perfect.
First I brush on the tree base.  Easy enough.  
I paint my hand and stamp a few on.  Then Ryder, then Daddy...looking good.  
Time for the baby...hmmmmm. 
I'm thinking Daddy will hold him and I'll paint and stamp.
I quickly realize this is not be as simple as I had it going in my head.
Tyce's hand is small.  There is no way I'm going to be able to paint, flatten it out and stamp in without making a big smear mess.   hmmmmm.
The feet!  I'll do the feet!
Perfect!









For a little personalization, I wrote 'Family Tree' on the top and added our names on one of our prints, then put the year on the bottom.
Turned out to be fun art for the baby's room.  
And it was FREE!  Cool bonus.
His room now has three projects in it.  :)  Maybe he'll be inspired to be an artist.......

UPDATE:  Since we moved, I moved the Family tree to the bedroom, but it may end up in the playroom...
Here's some new shots for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment