Monday, April 9, 2012

I can see!

I've not met too many people whose vision is as bad as mine, but I do have a lot of friends who need glasses.
Since I have had some fabulous information  passed down to me, I feel obligated to share the wealth.

As most of you with imperfect eyes know the eye doctor is expensive.  The optical stores always boast deals like:  $39 exam, a free box of contacts, two free frames, 100's of frames for under $80, etc.  This is never the case.  At least, I don't know anyone who actually walks out of the eye doctor only spending $40.  You need a eye glass exam AND a contact exam...added expense.  You need scratch proof lenses...added expense.  You need super light lenses...added expense.  Glare resistant...added expense.  And you better get a bunch of contact boxes... it all adds up..quickly. 

I've worn glasses since the first grade, so this rigamarole is nothing new to me. Around sixth grade I switched over to contacts and wouldn't be caught dead in public with my glasses on.  Times have changed and I am liking my glasses more and more.  It's a lot easier to just put my glasses on then worry about falling asleep in my contacts.  The baby's schedule is still not set in stone and he's definitely not sleeping through the night..so I nap whenever I can.  Ergo glasses are more convenient.  I am also finding that I can't tolerate the contacts for as long as I used to.  My eyes get dry or itchy or blurry.  All these factors boil down to..it was time for me to go to the eye doctor.  I hadn't been in years and my glasses were not cutting it...the glare, the scratches and the  bent frames...no bueno. 
Even though experience has taught me they are bogus, I start following the ads to see who has the best "deals."  Then the Hubs surprises me with an appointment.  (It's all I wanted for my birthday...the gift of sight)  He had also done his research and we head in to the exam prepared, coupons in hand.
So far so good.  I have my exam, have my eyes dilated, search for glasses, more exam.  To make a long story a bit shorter.  I narrow down my frame choices, and I was sure to stay in the price limits.  Lo and behold....it starts adding up.  Needless to say $330 dollars later we were outta there.   I was still pleased,.  Exam, glasses and two boxes of contacts...pretty good.  And I also had the glasses prescription in my hand....
This was the golden ticket.
A few months back a friend of mine had told me about a website that had $7 glasses.  7 dollars!!   I thought, no, it's too good to be true...But she was wearing the glasses and so was my other friend!  Her vision wasn't perfect, but it was no where near as bad as mine.  So, I thought, that must be it...I will have to pay for the extra thin lenses, so my 'coke bottles' will actually stay on my nose.  I was dying to get to the computer and see for myself.

That evening I log on...zennioptical.com.
Sure enough there they are glasses starting at $6.95...
The pair I like is $9.95, ...still a GREAT deal.  I'll take 'em!
I'm starting to get nervous...here it comes..the add-ons, I'll watch the total skyrocket....
I had to add $4.95 for either non-glare, scratch proof or the thin lens.  I can't remember which because the others were included in the price!!  NO WAY, I was so shocked.
Add $4.95 for shipping and I'm at 20 bucks out the door!!!
20 BUCKS!!!!
I can't believe it.  I frantically get the payment info in...thinking the deal is gonna go away, but it doesn't.  I placed my order.
The next day I check my email...a message from zenni optical.  Oh no, it was to good to be true.
NOPE.  They wanted to make sure I put in the right prescription...they obviously couldn't believe my vision was that bad and wanted to be sure I didn't make a typo.
Wow, what service.
A couple days later I got my glasses.

I went chunky, because I was never brave enough in the $300 range.










They fit perfect!  And more importantly I can SEE!!!!
Fantastic.  I'm probably gonna get another pair just for fun...maybe I'll be one of those people who have all kinds of kooky frames..
20 bucks, I still can't believe it.  Awesome.
So for all you near sighted people like me...it's real.  It's not a scam and there are gazillions of frames to choose from.
They also have bifocals and progressives...and you can even get tinted...all cost more, but nothing close to what the retail places charge.
 You're Welcome.
And I'll past your gratitude on to Jurgita...she's the saint who passed this info on to me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment